Failure Analysis and Scanning Electron Microscopy
SEM Lab, Inc. provides failure analysis, materials characterization, scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and FTIR services. We specialize in failure analysis of electronic assemblies, printed-circuit-boards (PCBs) or printed-wiring-boards (PWBs), and electronic components such as integrated circuits (ICs), memory chips, transistors, diodes, capacitors, resistors, light emitting diodes (LEDs), power modules, and many others.
Since 1997 we have developed relationships with over 300 client companies including many of the most prominent Fortune 500 electronic, medical and high technology companies in the world.
- Metallurgical failure analysis
- Corrosion problems
- Structural failure analysis
- Fracture analysis
- Characterization and analysis of materials (metals, plastics, ceramics, glasses
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Particle analysis and identification
- Metallurgical evaluation
- Microstructural characterization